Tuesday 18 September 2012

Amy Butler Honey Bun Pouf


 And I'm finally done. Well, I was yesterday but I needed to go get even more beans. It took 2.5 bags.
 And 13 hours to make.
 It felt reminiscent of the Weekender bag - not sure if it's because I used the same fabrics, the volume of cutting or the awkwardness of the sewing. I really didn't find it fun. Possibly because I had to do the zipper twice and even now it's still not how I'd like it.
I have enough fabric leftover to make another one - but I don't think I will.  At least not anytime soon.
But I do love it.
And so does Violet.  She already claimed it last night before I had a chance to fill it with more beans.

 

 Linking to
 

Have a Happy Tuesday xxx

12 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous and so if Violet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful and if it's as comfortable as it looks, I totally understand your cute cat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! I love Lark. That Kasbah print is one of my favorites ever. I'm sorry it wasn't fun to make, but now it's fun to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Pouf! The fabric choices are perfect for it! Beautiful eye candy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've wanted to make one of these for sometime. Hopefully I will find the courage to make one soon...first up though is the weekender bag. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've also wanted to make one of these for my little girl, but somehow it intimidates me. Love yours - especially the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the process, but it does look lovely! especially with the cute kitty on top :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha, your kitty looks just like my kitty when he (dempsey) sleeps on the rollie pollie I made!! (and, teehee, my daughter's name is Violet). It looks great!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely, and I'm sure my cat would very much appreciate me making one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A pain maybe but it turned out gorgeous! What a rich looking piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's fabulous! But I'm glad to read your review. I don't really care for awkward cutting or sewing. I'll just have to admire yours rather than make one myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for coming to visit me and taking the time to leave me a message. Have a beautiful day xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...