Friday 11 May 2012

Thermomix dinner

Yesterday afternoon I was rushing around after school. Had a million things to do. Finally got home as it was getting dark.
I threw my groceries on the bench and ripped the lid of my thermomix.
Into the bowl I threw 1 onion, 2 cloves of garlic, chives, capsicum and a packet of bacon. Chopped it all up and cooked for 3 minutes.
Then I added in 300gms of rice, 675gms of chicken stock, tin of tomatoes and a squirt of tomato paste. Then cooked it for 10 minutes.
Then I added in the diced up chicken and cooked for another 13 minutes
Then when it was done I tipped it in my thermoserver with some parmesan cheese and ground black pepper.
It was fast, hot, and filling and got a thumbs up from everyone. Total lifesaver yesterday. And we even had leftovers for lunch today.
You can find the original recipe here. I only changed it slightly by adding in a capsicum & leaving out the wine. And if I make it again I'd probably add in some spinach. Yum.

Now, what to have for dinner tonight?
 What are you having at your place?



1 comment:

  1. I have never seen a thermomix before. That looks jolly useful. Dinner this Friday evening is going to be takeout - most likely Indian.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for coming to visit me and taking the time to leave me a message. Have a beautiful day xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...